Weight Management Nuggets
When eating at Fast Food Restaurants remember these tips:
When going out to lunch with co-workers order lean meats like chicken, turkey, or fish sandwiches.
Ask for extra tomato and lettuce. Instead of mayonnaise, add barbecue sauce and spices .
Be aware of breaded or fried meats, they are higher in fat--instead go for broiled, grilled and baked.
When ordering soups keep in mind that creamy soups have more calories and fat than broth based soups. Choose vegetable, chicken, rice and noodle soups.
Did you know choosing Subway’s minestrone soup instead of their cream of broccoli soup will spare you 60 calories and 5 grams of fat!!!
- When eating breakfast on the go, avoid high fat choices like croissants and biscuits, sausage, and bacon.
- Instead grab low-fat options like pancakes, low fat muffins, toast, bagels, fruits, and cereals.
- Did you know choosing a McDonalds bagel instead of their biscuit will spare you 10 grams of fat!!!
- Choosing healthy alternatives for dinner at fast food restaurants is easier than you think!
- When choosing salads, pile on the leafy greens, fruits, and vegetables.
- Top with turkey, tuna, grilled chicken, low fat cheese, croutons, and low fat or fat free dressing.
- Avoid the salads with mayonnaise like potato, macaroni, and pasta due to the added fat.
- Ask for whole grains items like whole wheat bread to increase dietary fiber.
- Substitute a baked potato for fries and top with chili, salsa, or fat free ranch dressing instead of butter and sour cream to reduce fat grams.
- Did you know substituting a plain baked potato for a medium order of fries at Wendy’s will spare you 17 grams of fat!!!
Did this make a difference?
Click here for more nuggets.
View this video of
Donna talking about
Lives that are Changed
View this video on
why Life Success
is Right for You